Space Databases v5.0, by the Ultimax Group.
As seen in the commercials on CNN and the Discovery Channel in December 1998
- Technical databases on 3.5 inch PC-formatted diskette or sent as PDFs via email subscription, some of which are previewed below:
- All the World's Spaceports including name, national ownership, latitude, longitude, elevation, permissible range of launch azumiths, activity status, number of pads, number of launches and success rate, and a general status field. Note the easy-to-understand graphical conventions followed throughout this series of databases: blue text = future or planned; gray text = obsolete, dead, or inactive; black text = active; red text = failure; italics text = estimated or uncertain value.
- Space Launch Logs for 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005, updated daily, according to the basic format established by the TRW Space Log series, which we have expanded and extended. Data fields include: Mission name, UN designation for each separate payload, project director for each payload, date launched, universal time or launch or payload release, origin of launch, launch vehicle, mass of payload when released, orbital parameters of each satellite including calculated period, perigee, apogee, inclination, and plane, a status field, overall reliability of the launch system, reliability of the last three launches, payload value, and launch vehicle cost. Major debris such as spent rocket stages is included. We are working backwards toward October 4, 1957, but that will take quite some time.
- All Soviet Space Launches abstracted from data above;
- All Known Remote Sensing Satellites of the World (spysats & metsats) including name, owner, builder, technical characteristics including resolution, spectrum, swath and method of data return, number of birds in system, cost of system, orbital height and inclination, cost, and date of first capability.
- Communications Satellite Constellations including name, owner, builder, brief description of service (uplink, downlink, and crosslink frequencies will be added later), number of birds in constellation, cost of system, orbital height, inclination, and number per plane, project start date, initial operational capability date, and status field.
- All the Rockets of the World capable of reaching orbit, including name, owner, builder, payload to LEO, low polar orbit, GTO, GEO, and other orbits, length, major diameter, gross liftoff mass, estimated vehicle cost in US dollars, calculated success rate, initial operational capability number of stages with data for each stage including strapons, engines/mfr, propellant, thrust, specific impulse, and a status field. This database makes an excellent companion to the Rockets of the World poster. We strongly recommend that you purchase the pair.
- Presently in the form of Microsoft Excel and Word files, these databases will soon be published as Adobe Acrobat PDFs, a universal cross-platform format which can be read by the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. These PDFs will also be available via electronic subscription weekly or monthly. Call us at (800) ULTIMAX for terms and availability.
- Available on PC-formatted diskette, for US$2.95 per dataset, or US$9.95 for all six, which includes shipping and handling within the USA (+US$1.00 to CAN/MEX, +US$5.00 ALL OTHER COUNTRIES).
Note: additional orders to same address receive a 50% shipping discount.
Important Note: This series of space databases is FREE to buyers of our Russians in Space CD-ROM.
- Members of the following societies will receive a 10% discount (please be ready to provide your membership number when ordering:
National Space Society, and
- Product ordering information
Copyright 1994-2005 by The Ultimax Group, Inc.
For product or dealer inquiries within the USA & Canada, call:
West Coast: (888) ULTIMAX
East Coast: (800) ULTIMAX
Outside USA: +1 (865) 483-7097 -- note area code has changed from (423)
or send us a fax: +1 (865) 483-6317 -- note area code has changed from (423)
or write to us:
The Ultimax Group, Inc.
112 Mason Lane
Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USA 37830-8631
or send email to robot-at-ultimax-dot-com
The entire content (images and text) of these pages is copyrighted and may not be distributed, downloaded, modified, reused, re-posted or otherwise used without the express written permission of the authors.
These pages last updated November 13, 2005